The books listed below are books that I have personally found to be helpful so far. This list will continue to be updated.
DIGITAL FORENSICS & INCIDENT RESPONSE BOOKS
- Learn Computer Forensics by William Oettinger
- The 8 Layers of the OSI Cake: A Forensic Taste of Each Layer by Jeremy Martin, Richard K. Medlin, Nitin Sharma, LaShanda Edwards, Justin Casey, Mossaraf Zaman Khan, and Ambadi M.P.
- Practical Forensic Imaging: Securing Digital Evidence with Linux Tools by Bruce Nikkel
- Investigating Windows Systems by Harlan Carvey
- Incident Response & Computer Forensics by Jason Luttgens, Matthew Pepe, and Kevin Mandia
- Applied Incident Response by Steve Anson
- Hands-On Network Forensics by Nipun Jaswal
- Practical Packet Analysis: Using Wireshark to Solve Real-World Network Problems by Chris Sanders
- The Practice of Network Security Monitoring: Understanding Incident Detection and Response by Richard Bejtlich
- Blue Team Field Manual (BTFM) by Alan White and Ben Clark
- Operator Handbook by Netmux
- Windows Internals Part 1 by Pavel Yosifovich, Mark E. Russinovich, Alex Ionescu, David A. Solomon (Part 2 releases 9/21/2021)
MALWARE ANALYSIS & REVERSE ENGINEERING BOOKS
- Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software by Michael Sikorski and Andrew Honig
- Learning Malware Analysis by Monnappa K A
- Malware Analysis and Detection Engineering by Abhijit Mohanta, and Anoop Saldanha
- Practical Reverse Engineering by Bruce Dang, Alexandre Gazet & Elias Bachaalany
- Malware Analysis Techniques by Dylan Barker
- Rootkits and Bootkits by Alex Matrosov, Eugene Rodionov, and Sergey Bratus
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners by Al Sweigart.
- The Art of Assembly Language by Randall Hyde
- C Programming: Absolute Beginners Guide by Greg Perry and Dean Miller
- Open Source Intelligence Techniques by Michael Bazzell
- Open Source Intelligence Methods and Tools by Nihad A Hassan & Rami Hijazi
For More DFIR Books:
DFIR Training has a DFIR Book Share Challenge.
See more books at AboutDFIR.