I am basing this list off of what I’ve seen in online Digital Forensics and Incident Response job postings.
I’ve seen these certifications requested only for Incident Response roles:
- CompTIA: Security+ (This is the minimum certification requirement I’ve seen for Entry Level Incident Response Analysts)
- CompTIA: CySA+ (Cybersecurity Analyst)
- Cisco: CCNA Cyber Ops
- EC-Council: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA)
- GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
I’ve seen these certifications requested in both Digital Forensics and Incident Response roles:
- EC-Council: Certified Forensic Hacking Investigator (CHFI)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
Many of these certifications are part of the DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications
AboutDFIR has a large list of certifications and training.
There is also a list of lesser-known DFIR certifications with training included for under $1,000.